Rush Limbaugh's Original 35 Undeniable Truths
(Thanks to Andrew C. Aiken <email@example.com> for this list.)
- The greatest threat to humanity lies in the nuclear arsenal of the USSR.
- The greatest threat to humanity lies in the USSR.
- Peace does not mean the elimination of nuclear weapons.
- Peace does not mean the absence of war.
- War is not obsolete.
- Ours is a world governed by the aggressive use of force.
- There is only one way to get rid of nuclear weapons - use them.
- Peace cannot be achieved by developing a "understanding" with the Russian People.
- When Americans oppose America, it is not always courageous and sacred; it is sometimes dangerous.
- Communism Kills.
- Neither the US, nor anyone else, imposes freedom on the peoples of other nations.
- Freedom is God given.
- In the USSR, peace means the absence of opposition.
- To free peoples, peace means the absence of threats and the presence of justice.
- The Peace Movement in the US, whether by accident or design, is pro-Communist.
- The collective knowledge and wisdom of seasoned citizens is the most valuable,
yet untapped, resource our young-people have.
- The greatest football team in the history of civilization is the Pittsburgh Steelers
- There is no such thing as war atrocities.
- War itself is an atrocity.
- There is a God.
- Abortion is wrong.
- Morality is not defined and cannot be defined by individual choice.
- Evolution cannot explain Creation.
- Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the
mainstream of society.
- Love is the only human emotion that cannot be controlled.
- The only difference between Mikhail Gorbachev and previous Soviet leaders, is that
Gorbachev is alive.
- Soviet Leaders are just left-wing dictators.
- Abe Lincoln saved this nation.
- The L.A. Raiders will never be the team that they were when they called Oakland their home.
- The US will again go to war.
- To more and more people, a victorious US is a sinful US.
- This is frightening and ominous.
- There will always be poor people.
- This is not the fault of the rich.
- You should thank God for making you an American; and instead of feeling
guilty about it, help spread our ideas worldwide.
Recently, Rush has updated this list, many of the "old" UTOL having
become somewhat dated (but no less true for being in the past tense!)
As read by Rush Limbaugh on his radio show, Friday, February 18, 1994:
(All equally truthful: number 1 is not more or less important than 35.)
(Many thanks to Robb Topolski, KJ6YT, for transcribing this list.)
- There is a distinct singular American culture - rugged individualism and self-reliance
- which made America great.
- The vast majority of the rich in this country did not inherit their wealth; they earned
it. They are the country's achievers, producers, and job creators.
- No nation has ever taxed itself into prosperity.
- Evidence refutes liberalism.
- There is no such thing as a New Democrat.
- The Earth's eco-system is not fragile.
- Character matters; leadership decends from character.
- The most beautiful thing about a tree is what you do with it after you cut it down.
- Ronald Reagan was the greatest president of the twentieth century.
- The 1980s was not a decade of greed but a decade of prosperity;
it was the longest period of peacetime growth in American history.
- Abstinence prevents sexually transmitted disease and pregnancy -every time it's tried.
- Condoms only work during the school year.
- Poverty is not the root ("rut") cause of crime.
- There's a simple way to solve the crime problem: obey the law; punish those who do not.
- If you commit a crime, you are guilty.
- Women should not be allowed on juries where the accused is a stud.
- The way to improve our schools is not more money, but the reintroduction of moral and
spiritual values, as well as the four "R's": reading, 'riting, 'rithmatic, and Rush.
- I am not arrogant.
- My first 35 Undeniable Truths are still undeniably true.
- There is a God.
- There is something wrong when critics say the problem with America is too much religion.
- Morality is not defined by individual choice.
- The only way liberals win national elections is by pretending they're not liberals.
- Feminism was established as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream
- Follow the money. When somebody says, "It's not the money," it's always the money.
- Liberals attempt through judicial activism what they cannot win at the ballot box.
- Using federal dollars as a measure, our cities have not been neglected, but poisoned with
welfare dependency funds.
- Progress is not striving for economic justice or fairness, but economic growth.
- Liberals measure compassion by how many people are given welfare. Conservatives measure
compassion by how many people no longer need it.
- Compassion is no substitute for justice.
- The culture war is between the winners and those who think they're losers who want to
become winners. The losers think the only way they can become winners is by banding together
all the losers and then empowering a leader of the losers to make things right for them.
- The Los Angeles riots were not caused by the Rodney King verdict. The Los Angeles riots
were caused by rioters.
- You could afford your house without your government - if it weren't for your government.
- Words mean things.
- Too many Americans can't laugh at themselves anymore.